Best videos and bands ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!

About Me

My photo
Since I was a kid, I've been kinda freak of music... So when I could, I put my hands on it.

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Walls Of Mystery - Walls Of Mystery


Great self released work from this greek act with 15 cool tunes, no less.
Basically, WoM can be filed on stoner but this wouldn’t be fair for them and even for you: their sound is more “good ol’rock” flavored and voice transports you to ol’rock’n’roll bands; Hammond spiced “Take a Chance” or “End of Time” are an example; Slow “Scissor Tongue” will put you into a big hangover after a train of shots of bourbon in a far west saloon; “Harmless Axe” comes to mind early rock songs of Saint Vitus in the beginning; the same with “Another Deaf Season” but this spell brokes itself when a piano appears on scene. It fits perfect in the song, anyway.

Gypsy Son” is a typical riff tune you cannot resist to listen to the end, though I’m sure you’ve heard similar ones before.

But this album is not perfect, to be a bit critical with my greek friends: “City Clown” is not into my likes… organ results a bit annoying though it’s clearly givin’ the circus attrezzo to the song…

If you try to guess where the heck they come from, you’ll never get right because they sound, both voice and instruments, like if they were truly 70’s southern rockers. You cannot assure the birth of this album is so recent.

After ninth song, cuts look more primitive, more simple. Seems like they’re from an early era of the band which is not necessary bad. The band assures they’re the same age as the others so… maybe it’s only my imagination… Examples of this opinion are “TV Brain” or “Drugstore Mama”.
This is a serious work. It doesn’t go only to get you by simple catchy tunes. They even go further to satisfy the most demanding rockers.
To end: a really interesting band I’m sure will have more cool stuff to offer in the future.