Best videos and bands ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!

About Me

My photo
Since I was a kid, I've been kinda freak of music... So when I could, I put my hands on it.

Saturday, February 09, 2008

Wild friday: THE GODFATHERS and LORDS OF ALTAMONT gigs

Wow!!! This friday kicked ass!!!! To be sincere, I wasn't too convinced on goin' because of I was very tired to cover it. But I had to. So thanks to Diego (HEINEKEN
organization) for the invitation to cover THE GODFATHERS's gig.


Well... as I said, I wasn't convinced because I always enjoyed THE GODFATHERS as a normal band, not as a fave one. And also, I had some reticences because of the age of members... sorry bros. Of course, I was wrong as expected because THE GODFATHERS were never a "spectacular jumps" band. Their energy comes from the instruments and from the constantly angry face of vocalist Peter Coyne.

Slipped into suits, they deployed their well-known powerful songs which ended with -as they said- "the four stages of life: BIRTH, SCHOOL, WORK, DEATH".


But before they went to bed, their encore was filled with some cool tunes we all thank: "GOD SAVE THE QUEEN" and "BLITZKRIEG BOP" were performed in their way but also remembering the owners at the same time.

At that time, I was persuaded (not so strongly, to be sincere) to go to see THE LORDS OF ALTAMONT, which I missed last year and didn't want to miss again. My blood was hot enough to end that night heavy...

Once again GRUTA 77 crowded together a bunch of people to make this gig a complete one.

Supporters were a band called THE MOONSTONES which I didn't know until yesterday night. Female singer and frontman surrounded by musicians made their garage set as a cool one. They were a great choice to support THE LORDS OF ALTAMONT. Cool job.

It was late late night when THE LORDS came out from their graves up to the small stage. And, as I've been told, without any kind of soundcheck... hehehehe

Anyway, they sounded groovy to the bone and they spread their sickness as easy as the rain sinks into open graves... if not, just check picture below and you'll see what the hell can you expect from THE LORDS live!!!







It was pretty funny to see lead singer playing hammond right on top of the keys!!!!! So you'll understand why hammond organ is protected by some red covers and adhesive tape... but it still works!!!! ;)

Musically, you'll always have on your mind some garage bands to compare, but I personally believe THE FUZZTONES would fit perfectly in every sense as a whole comparison.


It was a great show. I'll repeat ANY time I can see them, at least, until they make a "bad move", y'know...
50 kms in cold weather awaited me on my motorbike to come back home so I couldn't talk with the band... next time we'll let them know personally they're one of the greatest bands of the moment.
STAY TUNED FOR MORE ROCK'N'ROLL!!!!!!